We’re here to help you be healthier.
All of us at Ochsner Health Plan are here to help you get and stay healthy. You’ll have reduced barriers to healthcare and competitively priced benefits as our member. And these benefits are backed by our parent company, Ochsner Health, and its history of quality and innovation as Louisiana’s leading healthcare provider.
Am I eligible for
Ochsner Health Plan?
There are three requirements you must meet to become one of our members. You must:
- Live within our geographical service area
- Already be enrolled in Medicare parts A and B
- Be a U.S. citizen or be lawfully present in the United States
Once you meet these requirements, please have the following documents ready to enroll:
- Your current Medicare ID card (red, white and blue card)
- Insurance card or information for a retiree employer or union plan you intend to keep
- Emergency contact information if you want to list it (not required)
About Medicare Enrollment
When you’re eligible to enroll in original Medicare, you’re also eligible to enroll in a Medicare Advantage (Part C) plan. If you aren’t automatically enrolled in Medicare parts A and B, you must first contact Medicare to enroll in parts A and B before you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan.
Once you’re enrolled in Medicare parts A and B, you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan:
- When you’re new to Medicare: this is a seven-month period including; three months before your birthday month, the month of your birthday, and three months after your birthday.
- When you retire and lose group coverage
- During a designated Medicare election period, such as the Annual Enrollment Period
(Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 of the year before coverage starts)
About Medicare Advantage
Medicare Advantage plans are an “all-in-one” alternative to traditional Medicare. These plans are available from private companies such as ours. The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approves the plans. If you join a Medicare Advantage plan, you still receive traditional Medicare benefits and more at low or no additional cost.
Medicare Advantage plans include both Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Medicare Part B (medical insurance). Our plan includes Part D (prescription drug coverage) as well.
Our Medicare Advantage plan includes products with no monthly premium and no deductible (not including the standard Medicare Part B premium) for health and prescription drug coverage as well as:
Vision • Dental • Hearing • Fitness Benefits • Worldwide Emergency • Telehealth
About Medicare's Star Ratings
For 2024, Ochsner Heal Plan received an overall star rating of 4 out of 5 stars from Medicare.
Why Star Ratings Are Important
Medicare rates plans on their health and drug services.
This lets you easily compare plans based on quality and
Star Ratings are based on factors that include:
- Feedback from members about the plan’s service and care
- The number of members who left or stayed with the plan
- The number of complaints Medicare got about the plan
- Data from doctors and hospitals that work with the plan
More stars mean a better plan – for example, members may get better care and better, faster customer service.
Get More Information on Star Ratings Online
Compare Star Ratings for this and other plans online at medicare.gov/plan-compare.
Questions about this plan?
Contact Ochsner Health Plan 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central time at 855-431-3377 (toll-free) or 711 (TTY), from October 1 to March 31. Our hours of operation from April 1 to September 30 are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Central time. Current members please call 833-674-2112 (toll-free) or 711 (TTY).